Most people underestimate the damaging effect of water until it finds its way into their homes, in places they shouldn’t be in.
Often deemed a “small issue,” a roof leak is most certainly more than just an inconvenience; it’s worse than that for a lot of reasons:
- When it leaks into the house, it will cause damage to your paintwork, drywall, and other wooden parts of your home.
- It also causes your wallpaper to loosen, while leaving unsightly stains on your walls
- The worst of roof leaks is, it causes mold and fungus growth, especially behind the walls and the roofing.
- When water comes into contact with open electric wires, it may cost you expensive repairs or, worse, your home.
These are nightmares you shouldn’t deal with just because of a so-called “minor situation.”
So, if you don’t want to relieve the nightmares of roof leaks, it’s time to take action by being on alert for any signs of roof leaks and addressing the issue as soon as you can.
Here are some signs to look out for:
- Water stains on the ceiling – wet patches and sometimes water drip from your ceiling are the most obvious signs of a roof leak.
- Sagging ceilings – this may mean there’s water settling in on one side of the ceiling.
- Damp walls – if you notice your walls getting damp, especially the upper side, the most probable culprit is a roof leak. However, sometimes other situations too might cause this; you can only be sure through a roof inspection.
- Missing or damaged shingles – even if you don’t see areas damaged with water, but you notice some shingles or roof tiles missing or damaged, the number one cause could be roof leaks, and a professional inspector could help you find out.
If you notice any of these signs, the next step is to confirm your suspicions. The best tip is to call experts specializing in roofing services to verify the issue and address it as soon as possible.
Hire Wright Way Roofing and Construction LLC for Your Roofing Services
Whether you need leak repairs, roof repairs, or any other roofing need, we are the right experts for the job. We’ve got the best expertise, and we’ll ensure you get only the best services.
Give us a call if interested, primarily if you reside in Oklahoma City and the surrounding areas.